Manager - IT Security and Networks - WIH - Denver, CO
The Manager - IT Security and Networks is a critical position within the Warwick organization for insuring the delivery of secure technology that supports and enhances the guest experience. Whether maintaining the operational readiness of IT systems or supporting the systems to deliver services in support of network operations, the Manager – IT Security and Networks must be mindful that the ultimate goal is the guest experience. In doing so, the Manager – IT Security and Networks must insure that Warwick standards and the security of guest and company data are maintained at all times.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure IT Security standards are meet across our IT environment. Including but not limited to PCI compliance.
- Acts as the primary administrator for Warwick network systems. Insures firewall and network standards and systems are maintained at all times.
- Monitors network and internet services to insure the highest standards for both guest and administrative networks.
- Monitor the performance of all firewalls on connected MPLS and VPN networks. Maintains a log of performance in order to complete corporate reports. Installs, maintains and tests all Warwick firewall system(s).
- Monitors user and Syslog data to ensure network compliance.
- Monitors wireless network systems and coordinates support through approved High Speed Internet Access providers.
- Assists with desktop support as required. Leverages internal IT resources and escalates IT issues to Application, Database, and Regional Managers as appropriate.
- Acts as the primary coordinator for procurement and maintenance of all Network Hardware and Software for the Americas Region. Assists other regions with network procurement and maintenance issues as requested.
- Maintains an inventory of all network hardware and peripherals and performs other activities as necessary to support hotel staff and guests.
This position will be based in Denver, Colorado. On call and occasional nights and weekend hours will also be required to support hotel and call center operations. From time to time travel may be required to Warwick managed hotels. Additional travel and work locations as assigned by the Group Director of Information Technology.
Percentage of Travel: up to 25%
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience are required.
- Excellent communication skills are required for this position. Ability to speak and write clearly in English is a minimum requirement.
- At least four of years IT management experience, supporting local and wide area networks. Also, prior responsibility for managing PCI compliance in the hospitality industry is required.
Proficient in Network Management, including but not limited to:
- Firewall installation, configuration, and management
- Remote access via IPSEC and SSL clients
- Network switch management and VLAN configuration
- Access Control List management and configuration
- Experience with Watchguard XTM preferred
Proficient in Microsoft product line, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft Office Suite versions 2010 and 2013
Please send CV to:
Legal/Office & Human Resources Manager