Marketing/Communication & Sales Executive
Warwick Doha is currently hiring a Marketing/Communication & Sales Executive.
The MARCOM & Sales Executive will be responsible for the tactical execution of the Company’s Sales & Marketing initiatives in support of the business strategy, market goals and organizational objectives.Under the guidance of the Asst Director of Sales and marketing/General Manager responsible for maximising rooms / F&B / Spa/ Conference and Banqueting business from defined account base. Proactively covering new prospects for the property and maximising conversion of business in line with the Hotels’ budgetary goals. This position is considered to be a key role within the Sales & Marketing structure and requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own creativity and initiative. Very active on any kind of social media.
OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and execute in the implementation of the hotel's Marketing Communications Strategy (goals, tactics and actions) to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue figures in Rooms, Food and Beverage, Spa and all other revenue generating departments.
- Ensures that Marketing Communications activities are aligned with the Corporate Marketing Strategy and the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation and update of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
- Attends regular departmental marketing communications meetings and ensure departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- Ensures that Marketing Communications employee provide excellent service to external customers, as well as internal customers in other departments.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Assists with establishing annual marketing communications budgets, including above the line advertising, public relations, sales promotions and publicity that will form part of the hotel's business plan.
- Maintains complete records of all media and purchase agreements, contracts and quotes for the hotel.
- Assists in monthly re-forecasting.
- Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Assists in the preparation, utilization and update of an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by division and/or department.
- Measures, interprets, prioritizes and evaluates the effectiveness of marketing communications activities through an ROI analysis and adjust as necessary.
- Develops and maintains active contacts with the press and key media people, and evaluates all media solicitations and exposures.
- Monitors all current attitudes and public statements concerning the hotel in foreign and local media.
- Ensures adequate targeted publicity and coverage of the hotel's positioning, promotional programs, corporate image building and other activities.
- Assesses advertising needs and opportunities for the hotel and obtains initial approval of local media campaign proposals from the Director of Sales and Marketing and General Manager.
- Closely works together with other departments to assess and support their internal and external communications needs.
- Establishes and maintains the hotel library and photographic image filing.
- Continuously updates press kits.
- Maintains a perpetual analysis of competitor's marketing and communication activities in the local market.
- Assists the Asst Director of Sales & Marketing by maintaining accurate records of up to date marketing expenditures, future commitments and remaining budget for the year.
- Serves as the Webmaster for hotel's Webpage and Internet related exposure and advertising.
- Be aware of community, business, political and social factors that may affect the hotel's financial performance.
- Manage content updates of all hotel sites including property, mini and local language sites and worldwide guide site.
- Responsible for driving email strategy for the hotel as well handling email campaigns in line with brand and privacy standards - Supports the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hotel Values and Culture Characteristics.
- Working closely with ADOSM to achieve both personal revenue goals (by working towards an agreed Masters target) and the budgeted goals of the Property.
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts, key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in rooms and banqueting revenue in line with budgetary objectives.
- Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively sourcing and prospecting new accounts for the Property, and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
- To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the Hotels, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
- To participate in the annual Marketing Planning process under the direction of the ADOS&M/Gm and to take responsibility in conjunction with the other Sales Manager for the compilation of the competitor rate and product information, pricing analysis and Key Account Analysis.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Secure payment and follow up on pending invoices.
- Re-negotiation of corporate rate agreements within budgetary guidelines for all corporate accounts within agreed time frames.
- Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
- Compile and execute quarterly sales action plans as agreed with DOS&M and communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to the DOSM.
- To complete a quarterly production review of account base.
- To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate follow up
- Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Opera and communicating to Banquet & Events sales executive for further follow up.
- To participate in quarterly Focus Group meetings as required.
Perform other duties as assigned to business needs.
You speak Arabic and English. Having a knowledge of Qatari market is a plus, as well as a UAE driving license.
To apply, please contact Ms. Lynne Inciong, Director of Human Ressources for Warwick Doha.