Assistant Executive Housekeeper
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Warwick SOP's.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Assist in conducting monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to Warwick Hiring Process.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Warwick standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Warwick procedures.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing employee Schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Manage valet dry cleaning process for guests and uniformed employees.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required. Must be proficient in Opera.
- Union hotel experience required.