Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing - Chicago, IL.
Set in a historic 1920s-era building with art deco styling, the Warwick Allerton Chicago is a luxury hotel beside the Magnificent Mile (known for high-end shopping) and less than 1-block from the Northwestern University Chicago campus.
We are seeking a self motivated, dynamic and energetic Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing to add to our team.
Solicit group business that enables the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms and food and beverage.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily meetings, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required, as directed by the Dir of Sales & Marketing.
- Work with other departments within the hotels to provide quality service to customers.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Develp/maintain knowledge of market trends, competion and customers.
- College Degree or extensive equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years in sales and (1) year in sales leadership, preferably in a luxury market.
- Strong customer service skills
- Guest centric oriented
- Hands on Sales and Marketing experience
- Hotel and competitive market knowledge
- Ability to analyze data and develop action plans
- Planning and organizational ability
- Computer skills
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Able to work nights, weekend and holidays when business needs dictate.
- Able to work in a fast paced, stressful environment.