Business Transient Manager - Chicago, IL.
Set in a historic 1920s-era building with art deco styling, the Warwick Allerton Chicago is situated by the Magnificent Mile (known for high-end shopping) and less than 1-block from the Northwestern University Chicago campus.
We are seeking a self motivated, dynamic and energetic Business Transient Manager to join our team.
The Business Travel Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all individual business transient corporate accounts, both global and local, FIT and Crew accounts. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and obtaining acceptances into corporate travel programs to positively impact hotel revenues. The focus will be cultivating relationships, building business, providing a stable and positive work environment for the team and to be self motivated in order to achieve budgeted goals. Establishes client base of organizations, associations, and corporate business through direct outside and inside sales effort for the purpose of securing business for the hotel to ensure predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded. Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce business results.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed business travel revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections, trade shows and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing business transient revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' in servicing accounts.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade show, community events and industry meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform and other job related duties as assigned.
- Monitors competition survey to measure market share and changes in the competition.
- Maintains accurate records of sales activities, results, reporting and correspondence in Opera, and analyzes period end results.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships, be creative, energetic and sell with passion!
- Communicate and partner with other hotel departments to deliver exceptional quality service to clients/customers.
- Represent hotel when necessary to local communities through affiliation with professional business organizations while attending major trade shows, and community events, etc.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years proven hotel sales experience, Chicago market preferred, crew and FIT business a plus.
- Proven track in developing and executing comprehensive and results oriented sales plans.
- Require excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Require excellent computer skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of Chicago corporate sales market.
- Must have strong organization skills.
- Develop and maintain total account management for specified accounts.
- Must be a focused person who strives on challenges and succeeds.
- Seasoned professional requiring limited supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Delphi, Opera nd Hotelligence.