Reservations Sales Agent - WIH - Denver, CO
Warwick International Hotels is looking for an enthusiastic and professional Reservations Sales Agent to join our unique and distinctive hotel group reservations team. Among the many benefits to joining the Warwick team, Reservation Sales Agents have the opportunity to participate in a Sales Incentive Programme exclusive to the operations of the reservations team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for taking individual and group room reservations via telephone and perform accurate input of reservations information into PMS system.
- Ensure that calls are answered in a professional and courteous manner, adhering to company policies and procedures, while demonstrating proper selling techniques.
- Ability to answer all inquiries pertaining to individual hotels including room types, rates, facilities, as well as surrounding areas.
- Must be very effective in the reservations sales process, personal interactions and recommendations, and always upselling at every opportunity.
- Process or respond to all paperwork, such as email and fax reservations, in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Mail confirmation and literature requests or reply via facsimile and administrative message when requested. This includes wholesale, online bookings.
- Conducting audits to verify accuracy on reservations.
- Stay abreast of current information as it pertains to all hotels including rates; rate changes, room availability, all promotions to include local attractions, directions, and hotel services.
- Attend necessary training sessions and being knowledgeable to train and share information with others as needed.
- Handle variety of calls from in house guests relating to service requests, food/beverage orders, and/or concierge related functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education
- One to two years in a hospitality or sales related position preferred.
- Significant sales experience, preferably in hotel environment
- Opera property management system experience preferred
- Must have open availability, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to be persuasive with telephone sales skills.
- General knowledge of the city and its attractions.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to eight hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
Send your CV to:
Director of Sales and Marketing