Senior Catering Manager - Chicago, IL
Set in a historic 1920s-era building with art deco styling, the Warwick Allerton Chicago is a luxury hotel situated beside the Magnificent Mile (known for high-end shopping) and less than 1-block from the Northwestern University Chicago campus.
We are seeking a self motivated, dynamic and energetic Senior Catering Manager to join our team.
Train, supervise and work with all catering and convention services staff, in order to solicit and book banquet and catering functions that ensure customer satisfaction and maximize hotel revenue and profitability.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This will consist of telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for strategic sales plan, monthly SMARTS report, annual goals, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Develop banquet menus pricing and revenue minimums using current competitive data.
- Recruit, direct, manage, train and counsel catering sales staff. Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Actively participate in catering sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings.
- Tour, inspect and monitor banquet rooms and presentations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
- Ability to assess/evaluate employees performance fairly.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage preparation.
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
- Exceptional organizational and supervisory skills
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three years catering sales experience preferred.